Notebook for iPad from MUJI, a brand that is known for its ever user-friendly stationery.
Advanced features such as handwriting recognition and predictive text input allows you to take notes and to sketch at will.
- Advanced technology enables smooth and effortless freehand input.
- Thickness and color can be chosen freely for lines and characters.
- Intuitive wrist sensing protection cover is available.
- Page types can be selected from five different kinds: ruled, gridded, quadrant, dotted and plain.
- You can import photos and PDF files from iPad and iTunes.
- Imported photos can be adjusted to size and laid out on pages at will.
- Combination of handwriting recognition and predictive text input technology enables fast and effortless text entry.
- Text input with keyboard is also available.
- You can email your notebook to your friends and colleagues.
Note: Graphical data formats that can be imported are as follows: .jpg/.png/.bmp/.tiff/.gif
No video review.
Write a Review
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Neat but not quite there yet
First of all, I really like the aesthetic of this app and generally how it functions. The addition of the dot grid made my day. However, despite desperately wanting to be able to use this app, it's not quite there yet. The primary problems:
1. Using text mode is awkward and not very clear. As far as I can tell, the simplest way to edit an existing text area is to hit the A icon on top or one of the buttons on the bottom and then ignore both the font options and the new text window that pops up in favor of clicking in the box you want to use.
On a lesser note, it's nearly impossible to figure out a font and size that kind of keeps within the lines of the "paper". This is quite frustrating for the picky at heart but might not bother most people.
2. It would be very helpful if there was a movement tool. As it is, you can move text boxes while in text writing mode, but the way it works is not smooth. I frequently accidently move out of text mode, and instead draw a line to where I would like the box moved.
3. The text recognition was obviously written from the perspective of Japanese language, where stroke order is important, rather than English, where recognition is what is important. As has been mentioned, a written T is often "recognized" as an X. After some experimentation, I determined that this is because the app wants you to write the top bar first and then straight downward line second. Writing the two strokes in the opposite order, as I think most English-speakers do, will always indicate an X to the app.
I really want to use this app so I hope that at least some of these issues will be addressed in the future.
Very good app
This is a great app, but needs a bit of work to become useful in a professional environment. The text tool is very good but needs to have more power as a text box (e.g., I have not found a way to control the width of a paragraph). Also, a rotate photo option is needed as some pics are imported upside down.
All in all, looking forward to the next version but money well spent.
Buggy, but beautiful
There are a bunch of "multimedia" notebook apps in the store, that add some drawing, image, web, sound...functions onto a basic typed notepad. MUJI has got to win the award for elegance. They have really exploited the touch screen--notebooks can be pinched to open and close, page thumbnails can be dragged around, all page elements can be "held" and moved. And it all works fluently. There's a reasonable amount of customization allowed, and one of those nice boxes to write big and have it show up small. Pen smoothing is great, even at small sizes.
Ok, there are plenty of bugs, too. The app lags a bit if you are writing or drawing fast, which occasionally means it loses some letters. Text does not autofit into the boxes--that is a major problem, since it means you have to insert "returns", just like on an old manual typewriter!! The typing box can end up hidden below the keyboard. The handwriting recognition is so-so (probably better in Japanese). The auto predict is wild--the word "Truman" keeps getting suggested! (This might be useful if you wanted to write something like frig magnet haiku.)
But who cares! It's beautiful, and basically functional--not for long typed notes, but for a "page" mixing some sketching and handwriting with a few typed boxes. And I expect MUJI to protect its brand and polish off the rough spots.
Note: PDFs import easily via "open in" from other apps, and this notebook works well to annotate them. But they're converted to images--i.e. they are no longer searchable, and have much bigger file sizes.
The information may be outdated (2011-04-30 15:05:14). For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «MUJI NOTEBOOK» applications
Notebook for iPhone from MUJI, a brand that is known for its ever user-friendly stationery.Advanced features such as handwriting recognition and predictive text input allows you to take notes and to sketch at will.- Advanced technology enables smooth and effortless freehand input.- Thickness and… more
MUJI that was predominant in a generation with the copy which I "shared it, and was cheap." MUJI that it seemed that I continued being exhausted forever tasted a big failure in 2000 and the company rose out of the bottom afterwards and accomplished achievements recovery to record high… more
| Category: Books
MUJI's scheduler for iPad is so instinctive and smooth to use that it becomes part of your life before you realize it.Pinch-in and pinch-out gestures take you to the pages you want. Even a packed schedule is easy to see.- Google Calendar users can synchronize calendars over the network.Even… more
MUJI to GOMUJI services selected with a focus on travel and mobilityFor business and for people on the moveMUJI to GO introduces useful products and provides information services such as World Clock, Forex, Weather, and Calculator.- The top of the screen introduces and describes MUJI items… more
This application is Japanese only.This application introduces you to new arrivals of MUJI apparel products.You can view the list of coordinated products as well as the release date, price and more."All the items are available at the MUJI online store, or you can pre-order when the item has not… more
MUJI's day planner is designed to be a part of your life with its comfortable and functional features.You'll be able to control the day planner with the vertical scrolling, and you can organize your busy schedule in a clear and simple way.iCal synchronization supported.If you have a Google… more
Check-in at MUJI stores with MUJI LIFE iPhone app and receive special limited figures, MUJI COINS, or BGM.MUJI LIFE is an internet social game platform that let fans show yourself by creating your own virtual shelves and displaying your favorite product figures of MUJI products, books, CD, DVD and… more
Enjoy reading Leonardo Da Vinci Notebooks ebook with auto-scrolling, day and night viewing modes, bookmarks, multiple font sizes, full screen viewing in portrait and landscape orientations, and more FEATURES: AUTO-SCROLL: Hands free reading with our advanced variable speed auto-scrolling. FULL… more
| Category: Books
Welcome to a new type of note-taking tool.Nested Notebooks not only allows you to take Notes and create Lists, it also helps you ORGANIZE them within a hiearchy of Notebooks.A Notebook manages 3 types of elements:- Notes- Lists- NotebooksNOTEBOOKSNotebooks resemble folders and help keep things… more